Release notes for app.remote.it web portal application.
Oct 1, 2019
- New and running scripts status are clickable and display the job details
- Fixed unable to click submit button in Execute script screen when site is translated to Japanese
- Minor bug fixes
Sept 17, 2019
- When sharing devices, the owner has the option to allow scripts to be executed on the selected device(s).
- Added help for device search mode on the device list
- Minor bug fixes
Aug 17, 2019
This release includes a major redesign of the navigation sidebar, accounts page and a general design refresh and cleanup, including:
- 🎨 Design refresh! We've cleaned up a lot of our legacy design and introduced improved fonts, icons and colors site wide. You'll notice new action icons everywhere, a better bulk actions dropdown and search/filter box and a lot more subtle improvements
- 🔎 Easier navigation and search! We've rebuilt the sidebar menu from scratch to be easier to use, faster and more intuitive. We've also made it easier to switch to "device search" if you have a large device list.
- 🏎 Faster! The device list should now load 30-50% faster for most users. We've also made a handful of other optimizations that should make using the portal even faster!
- 👤 Improve account section! We've completely rebuilt the account section and made it more much more intuitive and faster to load.
- 🧭 Navigation support! We now support URL navigation for all pages so if you reload or bookmark a page you will get sent right back to where you were!
- 🎉 Lots more! We made so many improvements and optimizations that there are too many to list.
We hope you enjoy this latest release! You will see the web portal continue to get better and better over time. We would love to hear your feedback and suggestions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
July 10, 2019
- Updated connection initialization to only allow the owner of the device to remove IP restriction
- Added clarification text for IP restriction and reverse proxy connections
June 20, 2019
- Universal support of IP restriction for port based proxy connections.
June 18, 2019
- Launch secure web service types with https
- Minor bug fixes
May 21, 2019
- Removed outdated help link on "Register Devices" page
- Fixed issue with new password account length
- Changed the label for a service's "Address" in the portal to "Service ID"
- Added some clarification to the "Add Device" page regarding RaspberryPi and other Linux distros
- Now using "curl -LkO" instead of "wget" for Linux auto-install command docs
- Fixed a logo display issues in left navigation
Apr 23, 2019
- Added a new "Add Device" page to help make it even easier to register devices on remote.it
- Automatically sign new users in after creating an account
- Remember column sorting after reloading/logging back in
Apr 3, 2019
- Increase the speed in which the portal loads
- Added a better help message for users using device search
- Fixed help link
- Fixed various minor bugs
Mar 27, 2019
- Added a link to request account deletion
- Account subscription display bug fixes
Mar 9, 2019
- Fixed a sign in issues on iOS
- Increased account invitation to 72 hours
- Fixed a display issue with subscription status
- Added "What's New" to left nav with indicator of new release notes
- Other bug fixes and improvements
Feb 20, 2019
- Add "Get Mobile Apps" banner so that users are aware that there are mobile apps
- Update the link "Recent Changes" to "What's New" and link to the Release Notes Page
- Change display of messaging to user when a connection fails to red alert in the modal so that it is more prominent
- On some browsers e-mail is pre filled into the search field on device list page causing it to filter on that value and appear as if there are no devices
- Update the link for "Actions Help"
- Paid commercial user accounts were erroneously still appearing that they were a free account
Feb 11, 2019
- Added alert if connection fails
- Properly removing deleted devices from device list on success
Jan 25, 2019
- Allow up to 64 characters in passwords
- Fixed alignment of device search field
- Updated link in "Getting Started" dialog.
- Changed "Read Getting Started" link to go to docs.remote.it
- Fixed issue where developer key would sometimes not show
- Fixed an issue with unselecting a device in the device list throwing an exception
- Added labels to Bulk Service Configuration dialog fields
- Support logging in with "+" in email
Jan 7, 2019
- Fixed an issue when on device list page, if you group by category, then click the refresh, the device list is blank
- Fixed an issue when nothing is displayed when updating with filtering on fields other than device name.
- Fixed an issue where login failed if login page was kept open for an extended period of time
- Fixed an issue where hiding the menu with the hamburger icon caused device names to disappear
Dec 10, 2018
- Fixed messaging typo in checkbox help text for auto registration
- Improved button naming for the sharing modal
- Fixed an issue on mobile browsers where a user was unable to login
- Added better error handling
- Fixed a minor dependency security issue
- Updated the SSH help link
Nov 12, 2018
- Fixed issue where some Stripe transactions fail in FireFox
- Changed signup timeout from 15 minutes to 60 minutes
- Fixed issue where status and category columns disappear in some situations
- Don't auto-launch RDP/RDP+ services when connecting
- Added user option to portal to enable or disable IP restriction on connections
- Upgraded to v27 of the remote.it API
Oct 31, 2018
- Fixed issue where users with many contacts can't see their contacts when sharing
- Stop capitalizing email/username field on the sign in page
- Add “NXWitness” service type to list of service types in product registration
Oct 17, 2018
- Fixed an issue where category disappears in certain situations
- Fixed an issue where registration records are not deleted
- Fixed an issue where preferences are mapped out of order
- Fixed an issue where users get caught in a login loop
- Fixed an issue where sharing is broken for certain users
- Fixed an issue where some Stripe transactions failed
- Changed from remot3.it to remote.it
- Fixed missing icons from account payment screen
- Standardized naming around "Auto Registration"
- Improved password validation
Note: Previous release notes have been archived.